Akarist is a Circle of Thorns traitor now working with the heroes of Paragon, the first traitor Oranbega has had in aeons. Akarist is a renowned expert in demonic contracts, and his experience goes back to the days when the horde of the demoness Lilitu decimated the isle of Mu, more than 14000 years ago.
So far, Akarist has been an invaluable information source about the history of Oranbega, Mu, and the roots of both villain groups, as well as a number of other magical issues. This makes him a prime target for his former compatriots of the Circle of Thorns, and has made him no better in the eyes of his ancestral Mu enemies either.
Heroes can find him:
- on the mission Find Akarist, from Peter Stemitz or Allison King, during the Story Arc The Library of Souls as an Agony Mage and an Enemy. (Levels 30-34)
- on the mission Help the soul within the crystal orient itself, from Peter Stemitz or Allison King, during the Story Arc The Library of Souls as an Agony Mage and an Enemy. (Levels 30-34)
- on the mission Recover Zoria and Akarist, from Peter Stemitz or Allison King, during the Story Arc The Library of Souls as a Pet and an Ally. (Levels 30-34)
- on the mission Rescue Akarist, from Cadao Kestrel as an hostage. (Levels 35-39)
- Note: During the mission Recover Zoria and Akarist he's presented as a Boss-level ally, but he's actually a Pet.
Villains may find him:
- on the mission Capture the Soul of Akarist, from Archmage Tarixus, as an Agony Mage and an Enemy. (Levels 25-29)
- on the mission Capture Akarist in another dimension, from Johnny Sonata, as an Hostage (Levels 35-39)
- City of Heroes
This Circle's mage gone rogue seems to be trutworthy. Certainly he's provided you with a lot of solid information. But you have to wonder whether you can really trust a man who lives in another person's body.
- City of Villains
The infamous Circle of Thorns traitor is your prisoner. Now you just need to escape with him.
- Architect Entertainment
The ancient Oranbegan sorcerer known as Akarist was once a mortal man, over 14,000 years ago. In his original body, his magical powers were at their peak.
Akarist will say the following when you encounter him:
As an enemy, he has the usual powers for an Agony Mage:
Crush Ranged, Low Smash Damage, Foe Immobilize, -Fly
Creates a localized gravitational field strong enough to Immobilize a single foe. Crush can also bring down flying entities. This power is very accurate and deals some crushing damage over time. All mezzes used by the Agony Mage are only used when foes mez protection is turned on so either turn off mez protection to protect yourself from these high magnitude holds or deal with it and use inspirations.
Gravity Distortion Ranged, Foe Hold
Causes a single foe to experience an intensely misshapen gravitation field, rendering them unable to take any action. As previously said in crush this power will only be used when mez protection is on.
As an ally, he has the usual powers of a Fire Thorn Caster:
Ring of Fire Ranged, Damage over Time (Fire), Foe Immobilize
Immobilize your target in a Ring of Fire. Deals some Damage over Time. Very accurate! Most resilent foes may require multiple Fire Rings to Immobilize.
As an Archvillain, he has the combined powers of the Arch-Mages, complete with their unusual resistances of 75% to all damage, added on top of standard Archvillain resistances.
Powers in Architect Entertainment
- Psychic Scream
- Scramble Thoughts
- Stone Prison
- Gravity Distortion
- Siphon Power
- Absorb Pain
- Chill of the Night
- Dark Pit
- Tenebrous Tentacles
- Twilight Grasp