|Epic Power Pools||9|
The Blaster is an offensive juggernaut. This hero can deal a ton of damage from a distance. But the Blaster must be careful, because he's somewhat fragile compared to other heroes. The Blaster can't stand toe to toe with most opponents at melee for long. His best defense is a great offense!
The Blaster's power sets are:
Primary Power Sets
- A Blaster's primary power sets are designed specifically for ranged attacks. They are:
* Beam Rifle used to require purchase on the Paragon Market.
* Dual Pistols used to require VIP status, purchase on the Paragon Market, or purchase of Going Rogue.
* Water Blast used to require purchase on the Paragon Market.
Secondary Power Sets
- A Blaster's secondary power sets are designed for support via melee attacks, minor crowd control powers, or temporary self-buffs. They are:
Ancillary Power Pools
Patron Power Pools
- Blasters have been in the game since Issue 0, originally as a City of Heroes archetype. Their original primary powersets were Assault Rifle, Electrical Blast, Energy Blast, Fire Blast, and Ice Blast. Their original secondary powersets were Devices, Electricity Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, and Ice Manipulation.
- Cold Mastery, Flame Mastery, Force Mastery, and Munitions Mastery were added to the game in Issue 3.
- Archery, Sonic Attack and Electrical Mastery were added to the game in Issue 5.
- Defiance was added in Issue 5 to address some datamining concerns regarding Blasters being defeated just before they dispatch their enemies. The power granted the Blaster a ToHit and Damage buff that grew as the Blaster's hit points decreased.
- Defiance was later redesigned. Now, Blaster Primary and Secondary powers that are available at level 1 can be used while mezzed, and most powers give the Blaster a temporary damage buff.
- Psychic Blast and Mental Manipulation were proliferated to Blasters in Issue 12.
- Radiation Blast was proliferated to Blasters in Issue 16.
- Dual Pistols was added to the game on March 2, 2010 as an early feature of Going Rogue to those who prepurchased.
- The Patron Power Pools were made available to Blasters in Issue 18.
- Dark Blast was proliferated to Blasters in Issue 21.
- Beam Rifle and Darkness Manipulation were added to the game in Issue 21.
- Most ranged blast powersets received revisions to improve range and damage and all Blaster secondary powersets sets were redesigned to include a defensive "sustain" power in Issue 24.
- Martial Combat was added to the game in Issue 24.
- Atomic Manipulation, Ninja Training, Plant Manipulation, Tactical Arrow, and Temporal Manipulation were added to the game in Issue 25.
- Most Blaster secondary powersets were revised with range and crowd control standardization in Issue 27, Page 1.
- Sonic Manupilation was added to the game in Issue 27, Page 1.
- Seismic Blast and Earth Manipulation were added to the game in Issue 27, Page 3.
- Summary and Analysis of Blaster Powersets
- Archetypes documentation on official City of Heroes site
- Official City of Heroes Manual as a zipped PDF file