|Epic Power Pools||8|
As a Dominator, you control a devastating combination of control and assault powers. A Dominator can freeze foes in place, render them unconscious, or cause them to flee in terror. Dominators can also smite their foes with a selection of single-target melee and ranged attacks, with devastating effectiveness. Additionally, each time a Dominator attacks, he comes closer to unleashing his true sadistic power of Domination. With so much emphasis on diverse offensive powers, Dominators lack in defenses and work best with teammates who can provide protection.
The Dominator's power sets are:
Primary Power Sets
- A Dominator's primary power sets are designed for controlling enemies. They are:
Secondary Power Sets
- A Dominator's secondary power sets are designed for assault. They are:
Ancillary Power Pools
Patron Power Pools
- Dominators were added to the game in Issue 6, originally a City of Villains archetype. Their original primary powersets were Fire Control, Gravity Control, Ice Control, Mind Control, and Plant Control. Their original secondary powersets were Energy Assault, Fiery Assault, Icy Assault, Psionic Assault, and Thorny Assault.
- Leviathan Mastery, Mace Mastery, Mu Mastery, and Soul Mastery were added to the game in Issue 7.
- Earth Control was proliferated to Dominators in Issue 12.
- Electricity Assault was added to the game in Issue 12.
- The Dominator was revised in Issue 15. The inherent power Domination lost its damage buff and the buff was moved directly into the archetype's Damage Scale instead. All Dominator secondary Power Sets were adjusted according at the same time to be more equalized.
- Earth Assault was added to the game in Issue 16.
- Electric Control was added to the game with Going Rogue.
- The Ancillary Power Pools became available to Dominators in Issue 18.
- Darkness Control and Dark Assault were added to the game with Issue 22.
- Martial Assault was added to the game in Issue 24.
- Radioactive Assault and Savage Assault were added to the game in Issue 25.
- Most Dominator secondary powersets were rebalanced to improve damage and reduce excessive animation times in Issue 26, Page 2.
- Summary and Analysis of Dominator Powersets
- Archetypes documentation on official City of Villains site
- Official City of Villains Manual as a PDF file