Halloween Event/Giant Monsters
Halloween Giant Monsters
There will be a spawn of either Eochai or Jack in Irons in every zone in which the event is active. Once one is defeated, another of the two will spawn in the same zone within a minute or two. Originally, for each spawn, there is a 90% chance that it will be Eochai, and a 10% chance that it will be Jack in Irons. The chance of Jack in Irons spawning was raised with the October 21, 2010 patch but the new chance of it spawning is unknown. Additionally, Jack in Irons only spawns in level 20 and up zones.
The Halloween GMs show up with small pumpkins marking their spawn site. This is the easiest way to tell a Halloween GM from a normal zone GM. Particle Physics in options must be set to at least Low to see the pumpkin patch.
These badges are awarded for defeating Halloween Giant Monsters and their attendant minions.
You have helped defeat a manifestation of Eochai, king of the Fir Bolg.
You have defeated the Halloween Jack in Irons.
You have defeated 20 of the Unseelie Court.
NOTE: The normal Croatoa Eochai and Jack in Irons still spawn during the Halloween Event and do not count toward their Halloween badges. They still reward their year round badges, Pumpkin King and Giant Killer.
Make sure you are fighting a GM within the pumpkin patch. If there are no pumpkins marking the spawn site, it is the zone GM and not the Halloween GM. Particle Physics in options must be set to at least Low to see the pumpkin patch.
Maps of Halloween Giant Monster Spawn Sites
Hero zone maps
Atlas Park Eochai spawn sites
The Hollows Eochai spawn sites
Perez Park Eochai spawn sites
Kings Row Eochai spawn sites
Skyway City Eochai spawn sites
Steel Canyon Eochai spawn sites
Boomtown Eochai spawn sites
Faultline Eochai spawn sites
Independence Port Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn site
Talos Island Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Striga Isle Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Dark Astoria Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Terra Volta Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Brickstown Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Crey's Folly Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Founders' Falls Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Eden Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Peregrine Island Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
Firebase Zulu Eochai/Jack in Irons spawn sites
PvP zone maps
Villain zone maps
- After the release of Issue 21, Galaxy City was no longer accessible outside of the destroyed version in the tutorial or the Echo available via Ouroboros in which the Halloween GMs don't spawn (is this accurate?). Pictured are the locations were Eochai would spawn during the Halloween Event.
Galaxy City Eochai spawn sites.