From Unofficial Homecoming Wiki
Interface Slot Benefits
Once the Interface Slot is unlocked, the character can fill the Interface Slot with a Interface Slot Ability which grant different enemy debuffing effects.
The Unlocking Process
The normal course of unlocking the Interface Slot follows this general plan:
- Accumulating Psychic Incarnate Experience to unlock the Interface Slot.
- Determine which Interface Slot Ability works best for said character. That will determine which Incarnate Components are required to craft.
- Run Incarnate Trials, endgame Task Forces, or missions in Dark Astoria to get certain Incarnate Components. Alternatively, a character can accumulate enough Incarnate Threads from defeating Level 50+ foes in order to craft the Components necessary.
- Craft and equip the Interface Slot Ability.
- The character can now work towards another or a higher tiered Interface Slot Ability.
Interface Slot Mechanics
- Characters can switch between Interface Abilities by simply equipping a new ability. The old ability is not lost, but simply switched out. There is a 5 minute cool down between equips. Also, equipping an ability is prohibited by being in combat and may require additional cool down time or leaving the mission to equip.
- The Interface Ability cannot be slotted or changed in Ouroboros.
- Higher-tier Interface Abilities consume a lower tier ability when crafted. Characters can have several higher-tiered abilities, but if they're in the same 'tree', then they'll have to re-craft the lower tiered ability again for each higher-tiered ability they want to have.