Keyes Island Reactor Trial
|The Keyes Island Reactor Trial|
|Team Size||12-24 players|
The Keyes Island Reactor Trial (K.I.R., Keyes or KIR) is the third Incarnate Trial, released with Issue 20.5: Incarnates Ascend, which takes place in Praetoria. A maximum of 24 players can raid the Keyes Island Reactor. Chronologically, this trial takes place immediately after both the Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial and the Lambda Sector Trial.
During the mission, a voice will "radio in" information about your progress. While there is no specific contact (the trial is entered entirely through the LFG menu), it is possible that your unseen helper is meant to be Prometheus as he was added in Issue 20 to recruit Incarnate-capable players to wage a war against Emperor Cole and end his quest to become more in-tune with the Well of the Furies.
Both types of Incarnate Experience are gained towards unlocking the Incarnate Slots.
The reactor housed on Keyes Island built by Anti-Matter supplies the majority of power to Praetoria. A team of Incarnates plan to disable it to cripple Praetoria's war effort. Unfortunately, Praetor Keyes (Anti-Matter), has caught wind of this plan and set his Clockwork in motion to protect it. In addition, his suit has controls for the reactors and has set each of them to irradiate the whole island in turn if Primal Earth's allies don't work quickly to shut them down!
Keyes is ultimately defeated in a final showdown after all of the reactors have been successfully shut down.
The Incarnates must neutralize the three antimatter reactors on Keyes Isle, while avoiding Anti-Matter's powerful attacks and defenses.
Phase 1: Reactor Hope
This phase begins with having to defeat thirty Warworks, and then collecting and using Power Cells to disable the reactor.
Phase 2: Reactor Genesis
In this phase, Warworks Recovery Teams are attempting to abscond with the Power Cells to prevent your League from acquiring them. The league must defeat at least 15 Goliath War Walkers in order to obtain enough power cells to disable the reactor.
Phase 3: Reactor Infinity
With the failure of the Recovery Teams, the Warworks have resorted to stashing the remaining Power Cells in three bunkers to prevent your League from accessing them. Break into the bunkers, retrieve the power cells, and disable the reactor.
Phase 4: Truck Depot
With all of the reactors neutralized, Anti-Matter confronts your League and must be defeated, but he has a number of tricks up his sleeve.
|Keyes Technician||Complete the Keyes Island Reactor Trial|
|Anti-Anti-Matter||Complete the Keyes Island Reactor Trial after having brought Anti-Matter below 10% of his health while attempting to take control of Reactor Hope|
|Bunker Buster||During the Keyes Island Reactor Trial, bust down all three doors on a bunker within three seconds, and then repeat for all bunkers near Reactor Infinity|
|Loves a Challenge||Complete the Keyes Island Reactor Trial without anyone dying or destroying any terminals during the final battle with Anti-Matter|
|Avoids the Green Stuff||Don't let anyone be caught by an Obliteration Beam in the final battle with Anti-Matter during the Keyes Island Reactor Trial|
|Master of Keyes Island Reactor||Earn the Anti-Anti-Matter, Bunker Buster, Loves a Challenge, and Avoids the Green Stuff badges.|
Note: Bunker Buster is rewarded at trial completion.
- Physical Incarnate & Psychic Incarnate Experience is earned, which unlocks the Alpha, Interface, Judgement, Destiny and Lore Slots, if any of these slots are locked.
- Incarnate Threads drop instead of Incarnate Shards.
- Upon successful completion of this trial, each character is presented with a reward table allowing them to choose one reward from several options. There is a participation threshold that must be met in order to receive an Incarnate Component table instead of a 10 Threads or one Super-level inspiration "consolation prize".
- If a character surpasses this threshold, the rarity of the component reward is a random roll. The options available will either be a choice of: one Common component or two Super-level inspirations, one Uncommon component or three Super-level inspirations, one Rare component or four Super-level inspirations, or one Very Rare component or five Super-level inspirations.
- The chances of receiving a Rare or Very Rare Incarnate Component upon completion of this trial are higher than in other Incarnate Trials.
- A random Uncommon Incarnate Component is awarded the first time each achievement badge is qualified for.
- A random Rare Incarnate Component is awarded the first time the Master of Keyes Island Reactor badge is qualified for.
- Two Empyrean Merits will be awarded upon successful completion of the Trial once per 20 hour period.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately after stabilizing each reactor.
- An additional Astral Merit can be rewarded at the end of the trial for running as an Open League.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Anti-Anti-Matter badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Bunker Buster badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Loves a Challenge badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Avoids the Green Stuff badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- Keyes Island Reactor Trial Strategy
- Visual Guide: Keyes Island Reactor Trial
- Keyes Island Guide by Chris "Baryonyx" Behrens
- Originally, the Keyes Island Reactor Trial was harder. As a result, few players would attempt it, opting for running Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial and Lambda Sector Trial over and over instead. It was changed to entice players to attempt the Trial more often. Originally, the Trial had the following:
- Phases 1, 2, and 3 required all ten Containment System Terminals to be neutralized rather than just six
- Disintegrate, as used by Anti-Matter, dealt more damage with each tick, with the final tick doing 99% of a player's health rather than 80% as it is currently
- The Incarnate Component reward table was standard in the original; it was updated to increase the chance of Rare or Very Rare components dropping