TPN Campus Trial
|The T.P.N. Campus Trial|
|Team Size||12-24 players|
Imperial Defense Force|
Imperial Special Forces
The T.P.N. Campus Trial (T.P.N. or TPN) is one of the Incarnate Trials connected to the release of Issue 21.5 which takes place in Praetoria. A minimum of 12 and a maximum of 24 players can raid the T.P.N. Campus.
During the mission, a voice will "radio in" information about your progress. While there is no specific contact (the trial is entered entirely through the LFG menu), it is possible that your unseen helper is meant to be Prometheus as he was added in Issue 20 to recruit Incarnate-capable players to wage a war against Emperor Cole and end his quest to become more in-tune with the Well of the Furies.
After finding out that Emperor Cole had made a deal with the Hamidon in the events that transpired in the Underground, a team of Incarnates are dispatched to the campus of the Total Praetorian Network to spread the word to all of Praetoria, since it is the only network on which Praetorians receive information.
Not surprisingly, the Emperor wants to prevent the news from getting out and having all of Praetoria turn against him, so he sends Maelstrom and a group of Seers to stop them. While Maelstrom attempts to stop their efforts directly, the Seers set about their work inciting Praetorians into an angry mob while simultaneously trying to warp the minds of the Primal Earth allies present so that they don't pose a threat.
In the end, Maelstrom is defeated, but the efforts of the Incarnates are in vain as the message is not broadcast across all of Praetoria.
The T.P.N. Trial is an incarnate Trial that takes place in Praetoria, on the TPN Campus. The trial consists of a single mission, broken into four distinct phases. A timer begins after the first phase, and the trial will be failed if the timer expires.
Players begin their assault on the T.P.N. campus, taking out the IDF troops while avoiding damaging the cameras which are monitoring them.
The League must enter the main building and activate the broadcast terminals to gain public opinion. Maelstrom will appear to put a stop to those activities.
After defeating Maelstrom, the players will fight against telepathists who will try to sway angry citizens against the players. H.D. will also spawn in each campus building to broadcast, requiring players to activate more terminals.
This phase is a repeat of the previous one, while Maelstrom will spawn outside to deplete Public Opinion.
The final fight is against Maelstrom and his IDF reinforcements.
|Spin Doctor||Complete the TPN Campus Trial.|
|News Flash||Complete all three 500-point Public Opinion challenges, taking no more than 8 minutes per challenge, and then finish the trial|
|Fair & Balanced||Do not allow a single Telepathist to convert 4 or more citizens for the duration of TPN Campus, and then finish the trial.|
|Television Addict||Complete all four terminals in all three buildings during each 500-point Public Opinion challenge, while also keeping H.D. above 80% health at all times, and then finish the trial.|
|Tonight's Top Story||Defeat Maelstrom within four minutes during each of his three encounters.|
|Master of TPN Campus||Earn the Spin Doctor, News Flash, Fair & Balanced, Television Addict and Tonight's Top Story badges.|
- Physical Incarnate Experience is earned, which unlocks the Alpha, Interface, and Destiny Slots, if any of those slots are locked.
- Incarnate Threads drop instead of Incarnate Shards.
- 60 Incarnate Threads are awarded immediately for completing phase 3, regardless of the final outcome of the trial.
- Upon successful completion of this trial, each character is presented with a reward table allowing them to choose one reward from several options. There is a participation threshold that must be met in order to receive an Incarnate Component table instead of a 10 Threads or one Super-level inspiration "consolation prize".
- If a character surpasses this threshold, the rarity of the component reward is a random roll. The options available will either be a choice of: one Common component or two Super-level inspirations, one Uncommon component or three Super-level inspirations, one Rare component or four Super-level inspirations, or one Very Rare component or five Super-level inspirations.
- The chances of receiving a Rare or Very Rare Incarnate Component upon completion of this trial are higher than in other Incarnate Trials.
- A random Uncommon Incarnate Component is awarded the first time each achievement badge is qualified for.
- A random Rare Incarnate Component is awarded the first time the Master of TPN Campus badge is qualified for.
- Two Empyrean Merits will be awarded upon successful completion of the Trial once per 20 hour period.
- Any successive completion of the Trial within that 20 hour window will instead award one Empyrean Merit. This functionality is essentially the Incarnate Trial version of Merit Reward Diminishing Returns.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately after defeating Maelstrom in phase 2.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately after winning the 500 point Public Opinion Challenge in phase 3.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately after defeating Maelstrom in phase 3.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately after winning the 500 point Public Opinion Challenge in phase 4.
- An additional Astral Merit can be rewarded at the end of the trial for running as an Open League.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the News Flash badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Fair & Balanced badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Television Addict badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Tonight's Top Story badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- TPN Campus Trial Strategy
- Visual Guide: TPN Campus Trial
- TPN Incarnate Trial Map/Guide by Snow Globe
- TPN Campus Guide by Chris "Baryonyx" Behrens