A variable is a placeholder for a piece of information that refers to your your current target or your currently logged in character. Variables may be used in all types of Communication Commands. When a variable is used the appropriate information referring to your target or character is substituted for the variable before it is sent to the appropriate communication channel.
- $target Your target's display name
- $name Your name (minus any titles)
- $level Your level (security/threat, not combat)
- $primary Your primary power set
- $secondary Your secondary power set
- $archetype Your archetype
- $origin Your origin
- $battlecry Your battlecry, which can be modified, along with your backstory, through the options menu.
- $side Displays "Hero" or "Villain" depending on your character's current content flag. Content flag determines which PVP side your character is on and possibly other game-related content.
- $loc Your current coordinates as a clickable thumbtack link
A level 37 Blaster whose alignment is "Hero" using the following broadcast command:
- /b $side $archetype $level looking for group!
will produce the following output in the broadcast channel:
- Hero Blaster 37 looking for group!